You can purchase the Bluetooth POS80 Printer in PayAnywhere Inside for $119.95.
- Plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Go to device settings, turn on Bluetooth, and scan for devices. You should see "POS80" under available devices.
- Tap POS80 from the list of available devices. A small screen will pop up to enter a passcode. Enter "0000" or "1234" and then tap "Pair".
- Now your printer should be successfully paired to your device.
- Open the app and tap Settings, then Printers & Cash Drawers. Turn on Enable Receipt Printing and select the printer name that appears beneath the toggle.
- On the Printer Details screen, toggle on Use Printer switch. You may now tap the Test Printer button to print a receipt. You may also toggle on and test the Cash Drawer, if using.
POS80 Bluetooth printer has lost connectivity with the app. Here are some tips/instructions:
- If your Storefront battery is at 30% or less it will drop Bluetooth connectivity.
- Make sure the printer is not paired with another device.
- Make sure the Storefront device doesn't have low battery, which might in turn affect the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Turn off the printer if not being used for a long time.
- Make sure Visibility Timeout is set to "Never Timeout" in device Bluetooth settings. (Must be set)
- Check the POS80 Printer periodically to ensure it is not in an errored state (flashing red light).
- If the printer is in an error state:
- Open the printer and make sure the paper is in the proper position.
- Close the cover of the printer and make sure the cover is completely closed. The red light will turn off when the cover is closed properly.
- The printer may print a waiting receipt.
- Check the device's Bluetooth menu to ensure the printer is still paired.
- Check Manage Devices/Printers to ensure the POS80BT appears, and has a checkmark next to it.
- Try a test print.